Home

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

How to ask personal information.

 

How to ask personal information.

Could I get your number?  Little indirect

Could I get your e-mail address? Little indirect

Are you on facebook?

Are you on skype?

Are you on linkedin?

Yes, I’m. my skype is ……

or no, but my phone number is….

Of course, my phone number is…..

Of course, my email address is….

What’s your number? direct

 

 

What do you should say when you forget someone’s name?

Most native speaker of English would never say this question “what’s your name?”, The common question that we as a student  learn  to ask someone’s name is by saying what is your name?

It is more polite to be little indirect, such us ask someone’s name by sayin “hi, I’m zulfa and you?”

Just introduce yourself and most people will respond by doing the same.

If you forget someone’s name, the most polite to do is to apologize and ask again. I’m sorry, what was your name? or I’m sorry, what was your name again?

In united kindom, it is normal to address people by name in conversation, it is way to show respect, for example: when you are talking to the person name andy, you can say, andy, what do you do for fun?

Or what do you do for fun, andy?

 

 

Where you live?

You can answer to this question where do you live such as I live in Indonesia. Etc. there are many ways to answer this question.

Afre asking someone’s live, you can add comment such us: that's a really nice area or the park that is really pretty. Don’t comment negative.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You can ask about someone school to the person upper 22 years old. Where did you go to university? And you can answer “ I went to (name of university), in (city). I went to Tokyo university in japan. You can add comment or response, wow, that’s a really famous university.

Or you can ask again, what was your major? Or what did you study?

 

 

 

 

How to ask about someone’s family?

Do you have any siblings? It Is a direct question

You have to say” do you have any brothers or sisters? It is little indirect. And you can answer, “yes, I have two brothers.” Or” I have a brother and a sister.” Or I have two sisters.”

Or yeah I have two younger brother. (saya punya dua adik laki-laki)

Or yes, I have a younger brother and an older sister.(saya punya adik laki-laki dan kakak perempuan)

 

If someone only answer “ I have a brother and a sister.”you can ask “is he or she older or younger than you?” or “are they older or younger than you?”

 

If you don’t have a brother and a sister, you can answer “ I’m an only child”

And after someone’s answer your question, you can say, “oh really?

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to compliment someone

I love your (noun)

I really like your (noun)

Response thanks, oh really? thanks

Where did you get it? or where sis you buy it? the answer “ I got it at  (shop) in (town/city).” Or “I got it in (country)”

Don’t ask how much it costs to native English speaker, because it is rude question and only can be ask by close friend. And don’t say “it looks expensive” or “how much was it?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to ask what people do on weekday evening.

What do you usually do on Friday or Saturday nights?

What do you usually do on weekend?

 

What kinds of music do you like? This is formal ways.

The natural ways is “What kinds of music are you into?

You can answer “ I’m really into hip-hop” or “i really like classical music” and “ I like people like maherzain”

 

 

 

Talk about food

What kind of food do you like? This is common question.

It is better so ask; do you like fish and ships? Yes, I do

And you can response, Why do you like it?

If you don’t like fish, you can say “not really.”

And you can response “do you know a good place for ramen?”

 

 

 

Asking someone holidays.

Are you going on holiday this year?

yeah I'm going to Hawaii in July

 

I'm planning to go to Hawaii or maybe Thailand.

 

 

 

Sumber : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtEixjKMPfM&t=824s

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Media mengajar menggunakan communication web 2.0

 Media mengajar menggunakan Communication web 2.0 Sekarang kita hidup di jalan AI dan zaman dimana teknologi membantu pekerjaan kita. Murid ...